Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The best cheese you've never eaten

Probably the best cheese I've been introduced to recently is Quark. Weird sounding name (blame the Germans) but it tastes incredible. It looks kind of like ricotta cheese and shares a similar flavor. Very mild, slightly sweet, and kind of reminds me of a mix between whipped cream and ricotta. Try it on a mild cracker with fresh raspberries and blueberries for the best taste. Or try dipping a strawberry right into it. You can pick Quark up at Venissimo Cheese (one of my favorite places on the planet - more on that later) or other specialty markets. Since it's best known in Europe and Australia, you can't find it in most supermarkets. But trust me, this one's worth searching for.

1 comment:

  1. Please keep up this fun blog (I love cheese, too!) and let us know where to get Quark!!

    ReplyDelete